MTS MULTICHANNEL TV TRANSMITTER
CTE DB MTS is an innovative multi-channel transmitter which introduces the “Castsharing” concept.
In today’s broadcast ecosystem and scenario, main broadcasters, network operators or even municipalities operate not only one but several DTV channels. But when it comes to investment in network infrastructure (CAPEX) or future operation of such network (OPEX), the bill can become quite expensive, and the investment almost impossible to overcome when high DTV penetration is required.
In a single 4U 19” Rack, MTS Multichannel combines up to 7+1 (or 6+2) low power separate transmitter modules (DVB-T/H/T2, ISDB-Tb, ATSC, DAB/DAB+/T-DMB), each of them equipped with various input interfaces (Satellite Receiver, ASI, Gigabit Ethernet or RF).
A clever system of internal matrix has been implemented, so a spare transmitter module automatically takes the lead in case one fails, ensuring a full redundancy management to the system. Embedded Satellite multi-switch, dual redundant hot swappable GPS / GLONASS receivers and power supplies secure the system operation in any situation.
Instead of investing into several separate transmitter units, as well as complex and costly redundancy management systems, broadcasters or network operators can now simply invest into a single 4U 19” rack MTS transmitter and operate up to 7 channels in one compact box.
MAIN FEATURES ARE:
• Compact 4U 19” Rack chassis
• Up to 7+1 transmitter modules (output power: 15W per module)
• Several Input interfaces for each transmitter module:
· 1 x ASI input (TS, BTS, T2MI, SMPTE-310M)
· 1 x GbE port (TS over IP)
· Optional: 1 x DVB-S/S2 Satellite Receiver input (including CAM interface and multi-stream capabilities)
· Optional: 1 x RF receiver input for repeater/gap-filler configuration
• DVB-T/H/T2, ISDB-T/Tb, DAB/DAB+/T-DMB, ATSC modulations fully supported
• Embedded ASI and RF Matrix for redundancy management of each transmitter module
• Embedded Re-Multiplexer/Layer Combiner/TS to BTS (188 to 204 byte) converter for ISDB-Tb
• Adaptive pre-correction circuits
• 2 x hot swappable high stability GPS / GLONASS receivers with battery
• 2 x hot swappable power supplies
• SNMP, Web Interface and Touch Screen display